My new carry pen!

Mack Cameron

In Memorium
View attachment 75877

Marla's feather's on Lazerlinez Liberty SS hardware! Marla is a lady friend of mine from BC who has become well known in the pen turning family for her casting of exotic bird feathers.

Her significant other describes the feathers like so -- The background feathers are Guinea Hen, Lady Amherst Head Feathers, and Rooster Cape. They are all dyed orange and were purchased that way.

Blank finishing -- 600 AO grit parallel to the ways, same with 0000 oilfree steelwool. FLITZ metal polish, forward and reverse, then with the ways, after which I rubbed down with Meguiar's PlastX followed up with HUT's Ultra Gloss Plastic Polish.

An examination under a 10X loupe shows no radial or longitudinal lines remaining!

Now that is what I call a distinctive pen. Almost anyone who sees it is going to ask about it. Your friend's work appears to be as good as yours.

I have done a tiny bit of casting (about 70 years ago) so I have a little bit of insight into the difficulties involved. One of my treasures from the 60's is a clear cube with a fully seeded dandelion head in it. Myrna gave it to me.

Thanks for showing and Enjoy,
JimB