weekend flicks

larry merlau

well SIL talked me into a movie or two, one at the theater and one at home, theater was iron man 3 which was full of bangs and specail effects the other one was very enlightening.. it was called Inside Job would recommend it for some insight that you may not be aware of.

Thanks Larry...was looking for something to watch this weekend and I think Inside Job will be it...something tells me I will have a similar feeling as Toni. :(

I definitely want to see "Inside Job" when it's available on DVD. Why wait, you say? Call me old-fashioned or whatever, but I grew up in the day when people in theaters were courteous and quiet, unless there was a reason to laugh or go, "Ewwww". I haven't set foot in a theater in about 20 years because I won't pay good money to put up with other people's self-centered attitudes. Besides, for the cost to see a movie at a theater, I can wait for the DVD and spend less money in the long run. Just sayin'.....

OK, rant mode off..........

I definitely want to see "Inside Job" when it's available on DVD. Why wait, you say? Call me old-fashioned or whatever, but I grew up in the day when people in theaters were courteous and quiet, unless there was a reason to laugh or go, "Ewwww". I haven't set foot in a theater in about 20 years because I won't pay good money to put up with other people's self-centered attitudes. Besides, for the cost to see a movie at a theater, I can wait for the DVD and spend less money in the long run. Just sayin'.....

OK, rant mode off..........

I've quit going to many cinemas I used to go for the same reason. Moreover, not only due to what you tell us, but also because in order to overcome the noise made by people they raise the volume to levels unacceptable to me. So although I go to the cinema almost every week, I stick to a movie theater were people stay quiet (even kids) and are well behaved.

We still hit the cinema every Monday there is anything worth seeing. Iron Man 3 two weeks ago, Star Trek last Monday and to keep my wife happy...F&F 6 this monday. Need more movies with hot chicks if I have to suffer through Rock, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker...just sayin'.

I don't do crowds. We've got a nice sized 3d flat screen. So lately I've been buying the 3d action movies that come out. Generally about 24$ on pre-release. If I drove to town, had dinner, bought sodas and popcorn, I couldn't see a movie that cheap. Plus all the time I'd lose.

I love the latest series of marvel movies. Capn Murica, Iron mans, Avengers, Thor... Fun to watch at home and be able to pause for the cause.