The least costly most expensive

Bart Leetch

Vehicle I've ever had. The cash outlay was only $61.50 to transfer the title but the real expense was losing my Dad, it was his van.

The service for Dad on the 23 was real nice with the Navy color guard there & the Patriot Riders.

I had a small shock I almost tried to call him on the phone the other day. I hope that doesn't happen again.

Attachments

• Van.jpg
    Van.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 39
Sounds like it was a nice service Bart.

You know I have an uncle I was close to that left his FB account open for his grand kids to post to from time to time,so extended family could stay in touch. Still gives me chills when I see new posts from him, been two years and still miss him a bunch. I know he's laughing his butt off about it still though, always had a great sense of humor.

Bart, I am so glad that your father had a wonderful service. From what I know about you, he must have been a great dad. Be glad that he was a great dad; one that you would miss.

I am 87 yrs old. So you can figure I lost my dad many years ago (age 94). Anyway, I still miss him and his fabulous brain. He knew something about darn near anything. If it was mechanical, he could fix it. He had me studying for my radio operators license when I was eleven. He had me taking flying lessons when I was 15 years old. He was "Mr. Fixit" himself. He was offered the highest position in the telephone company (second largest telephone company in the world---Bell was the largest.). He started at the lowest end, digging telephone post holes with a shovel.

I wonder what his life would have been if he had not run away from home (good reason) after completing the eighth grade in school.

Sorry folks; I still miss him.

Enjoy,
JimB

Sorry for your loss Bart. My daughter is driving my Dad's 99 ranger. When she got her permit she said Pop's truck is mine. Same as you Bart it was the least costly, but most expensive ride I've ever had.

Having just attended my Grandmas funeral last weekend, I can identify.

Here old buick was in the garage, and you'd think someone would have wanted it, but no...

I was just glad to be there.