Liquid Plastic or 2 Part Epoxy Question

Mike Wagner

Does anyone have experience sealing pictures on wood with this? I am mostly a scroller and I`m trying to combine scrolling and adding pictures to Basswood plaques, I have done 3 sets of 4 trials out of those 12 only 3 have turned out good, the pictures are curling up from the wood after the plastic has dried????? The process I use I got from asking a gentleman at a show and the internet. I seal the plaque with white glue and let it dry, glue the pic on with white glue and let that dry then pour the epoxy, everything appears flat and smooth then a couple days later I find the edges are curling up??? I am using the brands he told me. Just something I`m playing with and would appreciate any advise. Thanks, Mike

Thanks Jim, That gives me some better insight and alot of ideas. Yes I`ve been sealing the picture before pouring the epoxy but I see in the Q&A some folks are sealing pics 3 or 4 times and using heavier picture stock that I have been, gives me more ideas to play with. Thanks again, Mike