Getting the Red Out - Color Coats Are Done

Just yanking your chain :D:wave: actually like the color combo :thumb:. That 'Elderly Instruments' from your photo is about 2 hrs from me and talk about a candy store...wow, like a guitar museum with a please touch policy. If you ever get a chance to see it, leave your wallet someplace else ;)

I was looking for something like metallic automotive paint, but this stuff was the closest I found. And trust me, it's glitter, not metallic, lol. Just like you wouldn't call a old Kustom amp "metallic". :D

When it's done, I suspect it's going to look pretty...um...how can I put this tactfully?...fabulous. :rofl: And I don't care. :p

The word you are looking for is 'Sparkly'

13746_1192895556857_2912461_n.jpg

Here's a shot from this morning, in the sunlight after a few coats of lacquer sanding sealer...

Variax%20Paint%20Job%2014%20-%20800.jpg

Sparkly is right. :D

Vaughn, I found a great company who makes up paint to match any Car / motorcycle color made. I ordered the Black Diamond paint yesterday to paint a few accessories for my bike. Man that would look awesome on that gitar. Goggle that color. Under the lights it looks like diamonds in the paint.

Vaughn, I found a great company who makes up paint to match any Car / motorcycle color made. I ordered the Black Diamond paint yesterday to paint a few accessories for my bike. Man that would look awesome on that gitar. Goggle that color. Under the lights it looks like diamonds in the paint.

Thanks for the tip on Black Diamond, Dave, but I don't have any spray equipment here. That's why I'm going quick and dirty with rattle can paints. Sorta sad that I have a spray gun in LA that cost me more than this guitar did, but I can't use it right now. I'll keep it in mind for another one down the road, though. :thumb: