Woodworking is...

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
Woodworking is primarily the process of making round things square and square things round and then putting the results into the fireplace when they don't meet your expectations.

Lathe work is the process of turning perfectly nice firewood into large piles of shavings that are often not even good for the garden.

:D

Woodworking is...

The thing I do to escape my decimal, octal, hexadecimal network protocol world. I even shun metric in favor of imperial just to give my mind a break. Just stepping into the shop, even if I don't plan to do any work, makes me feel at peace.

:yes:

Woodworking is...

My escape from all the insanity going on around me. Shop time is a time of peace, solitude and reflection. It's also the thing that sometimes makes me want to pick up the nearest object and throw it against the wall..........

:)

Woodworking is...

Comforting/exasperating, my release/my tension causer, a cost saving measure/a costly measure, and the list could continue but mainly it is a way to remember my Maternal Grandfather and my past Grandfathers that were carpenters. It is my natural way of leaving the world behind and enjoy that bit of time at my own pace in my own place whenever I want.

My hobby, and enjoyment. The only thing I have stuck with and loved doing for years. My Dad's gift to me, the love of making things. Thank you Dad. Just wish i was half as talented as my Dad was.

Woodworking is...

One of the many things that I connect with my father with, but also with his father, and even his father before him, as we've even share some of the same tools with a few gaps in time between use. It's one of the things I have a passion for learning and sharing what I've learned.