Major finishing problem

I've had to deal with this problem for 17 years and finally enough is enough !
My breathing has been getting worse and today Jarrod said he was not feeling good.
This stuff is silica from Granite. Cancer causing. About a month ago I called the county and I spoke with the owners son of the marble company, I expressed my concerns and he said we can't do anything about it. I told him he should be using water to filter his dust. He said Na and I told him OK I'll call the county. He said you got to do what you got to do. OK !

The Hazmat inspector can out talked with them and they have complied until today. It's raining so they opened the doors air sprayed out their shop and sanded with using water. Jarrod again said I feeling ill. He opened the door and got a face full of their dust. I also had just finished a nice mahogany dresser and when I went back to it this is what I found.

Now I'm taking this to the next level. Don't know what that is yet but I'll find out.

Do they have any employees or is it just the father and son? If they have employees, you may be able to get OSHA involved for the dust. That's just a wild guess, though. Good luck, sounds like an awful situation!

I'd invite them over to see what damage they caused so they get a feel for the extent of the problem. If they are sympathetic maybe they will take some action...like offering you some granite work to make up for the damage....and be more careful in the future. If they tell you to buzz off, then I'd lawyer up.

I like your idea much better than mine, Ted. I assume David is running a business. If you show a fellow business owner how his business is effecting your business, he may really see the problem. If the situation is still unworkable... call OSHA and show the guy that his business effecting your business will effect his business right back!

Not going to happen , as I said this has been going on for years and I death with just making sure everything is cleaned before spraying. I spoke to the owners son and the owner and they say their is nothing they can do and I told them I was going to the county and they said your got to do what you got to do.

You have a few choices. You can contact OSHA, and the EPA. Your local jurisdiction may have it's own ordinances about unsafe/hazardous operations.

MikesMasterLogo2.gif

movingplane1.gif