Going to be unable to turn for a few days, maybe a week or more so I have been trying to square a few things away. Made a bunch of glue blocks and such. I also noticed the shavings I had to slow the drying of my roughed out bowls was soaking wet, not what I had in mind. Some spalting, I don't see any of the really annoying mold taking over yet. This is an end grain heart cherry piece. Don't know why I decided to turn it end grain or why I used such a big nasty tenon. Everything else is cosmetic, lines and such rather than repairs or cracks. The bowl is 5.5"x2.5" without the tenon and was deliberately left thick on the bottom inside and out so I can tuck the bottom under when I get another chance to work with it. No quick way to reverse hold it today so I just stopped where I was at.
A little bit of sanding with 150 grit, two thin coats of brush on lacquer wiped on with a rag. Then I burnished the bowl with a serving spoon from the kitchen. Hand burnishing so it seemed to work OK. Then I put on about a half-dozen coats of Butcher's Bowling Alley Wax buffing between coats. The goal is to try to prevent significant warping where I still have to work, have to see how that pans out.