Norm Abram's Deluxe Router Station.....

Here's my latest project I finished yesterday. Pardon the photos. The wife and I leave on a trip later this week and she has all 3 of her cameras packed. I shot these using my cell phone.

The carcass is scrap 3/4" red oak plywood trimmed out in white oak. Both were left over from previous projects. The top is doubled, screwed and glued 3/4" MDF for a final thickness of 1 1/2". The top and the working face of the fence was laminated with formica. Instead of using T-slots, I chose to install T-track. Inset is a Woodpecker's PRL-V2 and a PC 7518, 3 1/4hp router. Dust collection is done above and below the table top.

r1.jpgr2.jpgr3.jpgr4.jpgr5.jpg

It's not my best work but it's been a learning experience and will serve me well for years to come!

Last edited:
good job fitz, your shop looks alot more organized since the last time i was there:) if norm gets remembered for anything it should be his router table setup many of us followed his ideas for our own..

Thanks everybody!

Larry, if you look behind the router station, you will notice the lumber rack. I was so embarrassed by the condition of my shop when you guys visited, I have done a lot since then to organize it.

Next up I work with walnut for the first time. I have some 15 year old rough sawn walnut given to me by my oldest son's FIL. I intend on making some jewelry boxes and giving to jos wife and her mother. The jewelry boxes made from the walnut her Dad/her husband gave me. I have never veneered but this will be primarily walnut with birdseye maple veneered top wrapped in an inlay. So I need to learn to veneer for this project.

Larry,

My next shop tools will be 1) Norm's clamp cart and 2) a self designed "shorts or scrap" box that I can use to store small useable pieces of wood. Both device will be mounted on rollers.

Very nice work on the router cabinet, Ken!

Is the clamp cart the A-frame? If so, I modeled one after Norm's and it works great. I set cross members at various locations based on the types of clamps I have.

Boy, that is a nice router cabinet setup. Nice work. In my dreams I have a bigger shop so I can have something like that. Coarse in my dreams I am always rich so I added a Incra fence system to it....

good job fitz, your shop looks alot more organized since the last time i was there:) if norm gets remembered for anything it should be his router table setup many of us followed his ideas for our own..

Yep. Followed this route myself. Very happy with the results as I am sure you are as well. Nice work!

Very nice work on the router cabinet, Ken!

Is the clamp cart the A-frame? If so, I modeled one after Norm's and it works great. I set cross members at various locations based on the types of clamps I have.

That's the one Bill. I have the plywood to build it in the rack. It will be built later this summer.

That's really nice looking Ken. I'm sure it will do all that you expect.

On another note, I was in the "WAYBACK" machine and saw some pics of your shop. How about some NEW pics because your shop looks a lot different than the "WAYBACK" pics I saw.