HF Coupons @ the borgs?

Darren Wright

Administrator
Staff member
I have a new coworker that started today. He was telling me that the Lowes closest to him was honoring the 20% - 25% off coupons that HF gives. Said his dad just bought a new mower and was able to use a 30% HF coupon on it. There is an HF just down the street from that one and he said the Lowes a few miles away wouldn't honor them, but sounds like it's worth asking.

I have read of others who have success regularly doing this for like products. My local BORGs decline to participate unfortunately ;-(

I think he's mistaken.

I agree. Bob should know as he works at a Lowes that is directly across the street from HF. Plus, if the Lowes noted above does accept HF coupons, then I would strongly suspect the Lowes store manager is doing this outside of company policy to promote his store's sales level, or to drawales away from HF. Or, the Lowes store "may" have a Matching Price Policy, but that isn't the same as honoring HF coupons. This doesn't compute!

It seems to vary by store and/or on-duty manager. I've read many stories about both success and failure. It doesn't hurt to try on more than one occasion....it only takes one "yes"! I am surprised that any of them would accept an HF coupon for a mower, since HF doesn't sell those, but many will honor them toward tools like a TS, DP, router, planer, etc.

Didn't know Bob worked at Lowe's, but the son in law was a little miffed the other day when he found car siding cheaper at Menard's than at his local Lowe's. So when he went to his Lowe's they told him, as long as it is the same thing from the same manufacturer, we will match their price and they did. He is a happy camper again!

I don't work at a Lowe's any more, but did in the past for a short time... Bob is correct, they will match on same item/model...

They will also give a discount to veterans... my wife and I just bought a new grill at Lowe's... we put it on our Lowe's account credit card and go 5% off... I mentioned that I heard they discounted for veterans if he had proof, the checkout clerk said if I had my dd214 they would give an additional 10%.... turned out they take away the 5% and give 10%, so we only wound up with the 10% discount... still was money in our pockets.