I set out to build me some sawn horses the other day, two to the couple. I went to the big box and bought me a brand new board just for luck, the old swamp water salvage would have to do for the rest. Took an hour and another half to get home with that board. It looked beautimus in the store but now it look like if it werenít cracked up so much I could screw it in the ground no problem. I glued the board and two fingers together and used some lacquer I had laying around to try to make it hold still long enough to get a few screws and some glue in it, on it, around it, whatever worked.
You ever had one of those days? After the thing with the board I knew it wasnít gonna be my day when my Stanley taping measurer broke on me. Not broke in two, the danged numbers went crazy. I measured up four legs, two were way longer. I recut the short legs until my saw got hot, still too short! There are only so many ways four legs can go on another board. I made a teeter-totter, then I made a sliding down board, then I made something look kinda like what I had in mind if you back up a ways and squint, a long ways and squint a lot. I hammered and glued and sawed and screwed and this picture is what my first sawn horse looked like. Gotta admit it didnít look much like a horse, didnít look much like a saw either but after looking at it awhile I kinda liked it. Problem was with my Stanley box of numbers on the fritz I hadnít measured on anything and I didnít see no way I was gonna make another one this beautimus and look kinda sorta mostly maybe the same.