Voting Results are In!

Vaughn McMillan

Administrator
Staff member
The polls are now officially closed, and the winners have been decided.

In short, the proposed Forum Constitution, the Forum Rules and Code of Conduct, and the Moderator Rules and Procedures were all approved by those who voted, and we have a few new moderators to add to the existing crew of seasoned veterans. :wave: We'll get things set up for the new staff before the end of the weekend, and get them a bit acquainted with their new jobs.

The new moderator crew, in order of volunteering to be elected:

1. Matt Dunlap

2. Cecil Arnold

3. Tod Evans

4. Jeff Horton

5. Steve Ash

6. Steve Clardy

7. Joe Blankshain

8. Robert (Shaz) Schaubhut

9. Stuart Ablett

10. Dave Richards

Stay tuned registered voters...it looks like we'll be having a new referendum soon to tweak the CoC a little. More news on this in a day or two. ;)

Thanks for helping to guide the direction of this forum -

The Family Woodworking Staff

Sorry Tom, you had to have registered before hand, that was the way the group who are running this first election decided it should be done.

I'm really sorry that you missed out, I hope you understand that we are all new at doing this, in fact I know of no other online forum that holds elections for the people running it, ALL the people running it.

Like I said, we are learning as we go along here, please bear with us.

Cheers!

Voting

I am bit upset about this...:soapbox: I know I am here on a regular basis but the last 3 weeks at work have been nuts! I guess I have to live with it! :doh:

Doug, Tom,

One thing to consider....

The group of 10 that started FamilyWoodworking did so on their own time, using their own money. They secured the software, the hosting company, spent tons of time setting up the forums, got the word out and made the basic rules and practices needed to get things going...

They lead a group of staff and members to come up with some expanded rules, elections, procedures to keep the forum running smoothly. There are things that are not perfect, but the original members made sure that things could be changed, and done so by the members in a democratic way.

Then they did something very rare...more like "unheard of"! They gave the whole thing to the members....:eek:

That's quite a gift!

Last edited: