Brent's awesome safety glasses....

Jason Beam

At the gathering this weekend, there was a little flurry of activity around Brent's safety glasses collection and I promised I'd run out immediately and find more info about one particular set that were the veritable knees bees. They fit closely around my prescription glasses, wrap around the sides to protect that area and stay put on your head with adjustable temples and no slipping. Plus, they're actually very comfortable to wear, to boot. So here's what I've found...

The brand is Pyramex -- located at http://pyramexsafety.com/

The model I'm holding in my hand is called the Z87+ S and doesn't appear to be made anymore. Brent also had some unopened ones that looked almost identical called the OTS -- located here

From what I can tell, they're pretty inexpensive. I found them on Amazon as well with prime shipping. They fit over my glasses beautifully. I like 'em so much I ordered both the clear and tinted pairs just to give 'em a try.

It's little gems like this that always come up when a bunch of super nice woodworkers get together and I thank Brent for sharing this one especially. Keep your eyes, folks! :D

Great info Jason!

I would almost bet that's where I got them Paul. I ordered a bunch a long time ago, when I was looking for OTS ones. I do remember they were not at all expensive.

Finding ones that fit around glasses is pretty hard - may have to give these a shot. I have some old (ancient) ones with of the elastic band variety with the elastic long shot, may have to give these a shot.

Al and others just beware to check the size. I found my glasses fitted but Larry tried them on his and his glasses were larger lenses and did not fit the ones Brent had. There is a pair Brent had i saw that had built in bi focul lenses with a bit of magnification to them.

I liked these a lot because my current glasses tend to slip on my nose and these safety glasses allow me to wear my current glasses but also help to keep them in place. Very comfortable and for the price a no brainer.

Thanks for posting the details Jason and was really a super bonus meeting you and Jane.