Bittersweet Woodwork

Such a shame no one wanted to mill this, straight grained & beautiful red oak, but I'll get over it come wintertime :D
Gifted from a neighbor who lost a few upper branches to a storm and decided to take her all down....'gifted' Ha, I may want to change that word for some choice C.O.C. no-no's :rofl: man these are some heavy blocks, quite the workout I'm getting...yeah yeah I know I need it :eek: :p

So I guess I could say that 'Burning wood' continues :D

Oh yeah, the Mrs has been watching me like a hawk...sez she's concerned with my health but I know it's more about her garden area and any potential damage :rofl:

Attachments

• mini-004.jpg
    mini-004.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 59
  • mini-001.jpg
    mini-001.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 60
  • mini-002.jpg
    mini-002.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 60
  • mini-003.jpg
    mini-003.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 58
I was visiting my son last winter in CT and decided to build a fire in the fireplace. I went out to the woodpile and brought in some kindling and a couple of good sized logs. I started the kindling burning, but the logs wouldn't catch. I tried for more than an hour to get that fire started....used up the WHOLE sunday paper. Come to find out, the logs were white oak. Something like trying to start a fire with rocks. My son said they burn great if you put them on a good hot fire that is already well started, but I could have tried all day and not got a fire with kindling.

looks great from here.
We have new neighbors, and their plan is to take down several maples along our shared property line. I 'can't wait'... on one hand, will miss the shade, but one of them is threatening our house, and I'm just as glad it is coming down.

...... Glad to see you have a splitter. :thumb:

Yeah it's great, except it's sledge & wedge to get them down to a size I can manage enough to get them on the splitter :( Definitely putting a hurt on this outta shape old bod :eek::rofl:

Sharon...too funny, like trying to light some of this, wring it out though first :rofl:

Ned, that was sort of the reasoning behind removing this tree completely....storm dropped a couple of goodies with one going through their garage roof :eek: