1 fiddy * 3 == tree fiddy * 2 == six fiddy

Ryan Mooney

Staff member
For my other project I'm going to need to do a whole lot of splicing. So I made a Fid to help with that. Optimistically assuming I might possibly be able to get help with the splicing I also made some extras. About six fiddy in all.

Weird how that math works...

Mostly Lyptus and a couple from oak (its what was in the scrap bin).

IMG_1525.JPG

Ha!! Fids came up this weekend...Dan and I looked up the different uses. You can get a nice lunch for six fiddy!

Last edited:
Sorry Vaughn, it was the other Mooney Kid! :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl:

Could be we're all a little knotty! Or just twisted. Sorry to rope you guys into all these puns.

oddly I don't have any marlinespikes, which seems a bit fishy.. Had I the means I'd forge ahead with that.

Also considering making a Serving Mallet, would be handy I suspect, although I've certainly wrapped things up well enough without one before.

On a vaguely more serious note, there are a couple of subtleties perhaps not immediately obvious on the Fids. The pointy end isn't actually round on these, it was turned round and then adjusted with a rasp/file/sandpaper to be somewhat oval. That makes it easier to get it inbetween the strands (the oval cross section is thinner obviously) and then you can twist it to open up the strands. For a similar reason I put a couple of flats on the sides of the bumps on the handle to give you enough grip to rotate it.