Friday 6/28/13

Picked up the HF DCS & the Accessory Kit this morning. Thanks for the heads up on the coupon BoB, can't go wrong at that price. Now that I have it, guess I'll have to do something with it. ;)

Well, Spent Friday cleaning the house since my wife is on the heal from her knee surgery. I ordered a timer to install on the pool pump this week and it arrived yesterday, so went to the blue borg and picked up enough electriks stuff to get it wired, add a by-pass switch and plug outside of the pump area, and enough to wire for installing plugs for string lights around the deck. I got all of it installed today, will get some pics up tomorrow. Putting more poly on doors and drawer fronts tomorrow as well as the vanity. Need to finish it up by next weekend.

I spent Saturday playing with Electriks (as Frank would say). I installed a timer on our pool pump to turn it on during the evening hours several nights a week. Over the last couple of years one of us turns on the pump and it seems like it's days later before I notice it running and turn it off, so should pay for itself in no time at all.
2013-06-29 18.54.25.jpg2013-06-29 18.54.47.jpg

The new timer features a by-pass that allows me to turn on the pump manually from a secondary switch. I've ordered a spring wound 6 hour timer for this purpose and will replace the toggle. We'll turn this on rather than flipping the sub-panel breaker, which was totally worn out and got replaced as well.
2013-06-29 18.55.18.jpg

I also rewired the lighting for under our deck and along the back side of the house. The two floods worked well, but made things a bit too bright for an evening swim. We've got some string lights that we've been using that I've had extension cords strung up for.
2013-06-29 18.55.58.jpg

I now have the string lights powered by the previous light's switch and additional plugs for more.
2013-06-30 19.49.40.jpg2013-06-30 19.49.48.jpg2013-06-30 19.50.08.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-06-29 18.54.25.jpg
    2013-06-29 18.54.25.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
You've been busy Ned :eek:
Bob, you don't even know just How busy I've been...

I'm currently 'running' one route at work Mon-Fri, as well as a second one Monday and Friday late evenings and every other weekend both days..., as well as two others on a part time basis. Pay is nice ,but I'm not getting a lot done outside of work.

This past week I glued up a bunch of blanks, which I first planed down to uniform thickness on each blank. Yesterday Morning/afternoon I cut those into strips, and started glueing them up for boards before I headed west on my weekend route. When I got home I went back out and glued up another full set of clamps... 8 boards in all. THis morning, I cleared the clamps, then planed down the blanks from last night, and then re-filled the clamps again. After a few hours I pulled those boards out of the clamps, and set them aside to cure until morning. My new planer is a champ for the $ I put into it. I have a show this coming weekend, and I have loads of work to do between now and then.

Ned, Im happy to see the flooding didn't hit you guys.

Thanks Allen!:thumb:

Well, it has hit 'near' home. Mark's house is thankfully at the top of a steep hill, but the rest of the small city he lives in is a FEMA zone now. We have standing water ( a couple of inches at most) in several spots in our back yard, but it is receding, and no worse than typical snow run-off in in the spring-time. I'm glad my shop is on pylons over crushed stone all the same.

Worked all weekend except Sunday, Wife asked if I were heading to church and I said no I'm taking a day ride.
Yesterday and buddy and I did 280 miles , leaving at 8 AM headed for Lousia Va , spend a couple hours at the farm and headed out North towards Spurrerville Va taking # 231 which is a great back twisty road stopped for lunch in Spurrrerville and continued north on 522 till we reached Crest Hill rd where I have another farm that I hunt and took the 20 mile twisty road to 66 and jumped off at 15 N to Whites Ferry visited another farm in Poolsville chatted with a friend and customer then the ski's started looking dark and down 28 to Rockville. At 6 PM I walked in the door and the wife said you need a shower and I closed the door and the ski's opened up. We were either chasing or being chased by rain but I think during the entire day I may have felt 6 drops of rain hit my face. Every place we stopped for a break we were dogging rain with out knowing it . The roads would be wet and drying.

All in all what a great day for a ride.