Thread: Well not exactly new

Kansas City, Missouri

Well not exactly new

But our local Ace hardware closed this week. I had stopped to get something else and noticed these on their 50% off the red tag price table.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-29 14.12.38.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	76817

I hadn't thrown out my Dewalt 12 volt yet. Not sure if the $32 (for both) was still worth spending, but I always liked this drill, has much more torque than my newer ones, so I hopefully will get another year or so out of it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-06-29 14.14.13.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	45.4 KB 
ID:	76818

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Reno NV
    Worth a shot!
    Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

No, not all of SoCal is Los Angeles!
    Definitely worth a shot. I picked up some 9.6v batts and a charger on clearance for an old DeWalt that I really liked. Between those extra batts and a rebuild of two more (back when the low cost really made sense), I got another couple of years out of it. Besides, after milking that much borrowed time out of an older tool, I felt better buying a new one later on ;-)
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

S E Washington State
    Wish I could find a deal like that for my 14.4V. The batteries are dying again. I'm on my second set since I bought it several years ago. The decision becomes, with the price of batteries, do I replace them or buy a new drill with the Lithium batteries. I have heard so much about how much better the lithium are. Shopping the internet I ran across a littler 12V lithium battery one on sale. I don't do heavy construction type stuff often, mainly use it in my woodworking in the shop so I thought, try it. I love this little guy. For my work, it is perfect. Smaller, lighter, gets into places to drill or put screws in I never could before. More than adequate power. Now if the batteries live up to their reputation, I will be one happy camper. I wish they would come up with an adapter to put the lithium batteries on the older ones. Seems to me it should be possible. I still am faced with what to do with the bigger drill.

You got a good deal, I'm sure you won't be sorry.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1471.JPG  
    Last edited by Paul Douglass; 07-01-2013 at 03:07 PM.
    "We the People ......"

Escondido, CA
    I have that little DeWalt 12V also. Love it! Small and light weight. Strong brute, though.

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed