Thread: Selling Stuff, But Questions First

Thomasville, GA

Selling Stuff, But Questions First

In another thread, I said I was researching the Incra TS system and was considering a new table saw with riving knife. Well, talk about timing! I got a coupon from Grizzly for 10% off my next order. I had already narrowed my decision to the G0690 and the coupon makes it an even better deal.

I'll be selling my Jet JTAS10-L 3hp, left-tilting table saw that I bought in 2002, if I remember correctly. I want to get a fair price for it, since it's in great shape but I also want it out the door. I also have a mobile base for it but I no longer have the long extension table that held the router setup.

So, here are the questions:

Is $600 about right for the saw? Would you ask more/less?

The mobile base was about $130 new as I recall and I'm thinking $60 might be about right for it. What do you think?

Thanks for your input.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

The Gorge Area, Oregon
    I see comparables going for 700-900 locally - looks similar around you - $900 for a similar 50" version.

I might ask about $100-200 more than I expected to get so you have some room to give someone a "deal' (yeah silly but it seems to make people happy and I've had better luck selling stuff when I had room to negotiate - as a buyer I feel just the opposite but I'm not normal I don't think..). If you offered it at $750 and were willing to sell for $600 I think it should sell fairly quick.

The base at 50% of new is perfectly fair.