Wilton A5816 variable speed drill press

Alan Bienlein

Well I was browsing craigslist yesterday and came across an add for a drill press that had some shipping damage. I thought about it for about two hours and finally responded to the add and found out he still had it. Not sure if it was a good deal but for $150 I figure I couldn't go wrong as the one I currently have cost $169 new.

As for the damage the hand crank for raising and lowering the table was broken along with 2 of the spokes for lowering the quill. The variable speed works nice and smooth and I can raise and lower the table with ease just by grabbing the whats left of the handle and turning the shaft.

A couple of pics for the pic police. Now to figure out what to do with the other floor model drill press as this one makes that one look like a bench top model!
IMG_20130703_170927.jpgIMG_20130703_195322.jpgIMG_20130703_195425.jpg

Holy smokes agree that was a complete steal!

Jet sells a model of that for $1800 and up (the wilton branded ones go for more because of the name I guess, same drill press).

What a Deal! :thumb: By the way, are those Steel Toe Safety Socks She's wearing there in the shop :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Why she says yes they are and who am I to argue with a woman that helped me load and unload a 426lb drill press.

The other cool thing about this drill press is that the table is at the magical 36-1/2" height that everything else in my shop is at.:woot:

I see Norma has been spoiling you again. Man she sets a good example for wives to follow . :):thumb: Nice drill press .....honey take a look see what Alan gets. :) Ooops we dont do honey .....so now drill press for rob.