Flames on the horizon.

Carol Reed

In Memoriam
There is a wildfire about 30 miles east of me. I can see the flames. Upwards of 1200 acres and mandatory evacuations tonight. And a lightning storm and winds gusting well over 20 mph. Had to haul in the big awning. Coach was rocking a good lick. Not good. Praying for the growing number of firefighters and everyone affected.

I'm reasonably safe. There is not enough fuel on the ground between me and it to sustain a fire here. Just the same, the key is in the ignition.

And I just heard thunder. I'd pray for rain but the humidity is in single digits. Not likely. Dry thunder and lightning storms are not unusual here. That's what started this fire.

At first I figured you were going to mention fireworks, but instead "It's deja vu all over again" for you. :eek:

Be careful, young lady!

We have tornadoes but I cannot imagine living around the wildfires you folks out west deal with. And from my understanding, some of these could be eliminated if politicians allowed some sensible practices to happen in the forests. Praying you don't need to turn the key but if you do, it will start and go!