Trail mower advice requested

I am seriously thinking about buying a pull behind rough cut (not finish cut) trailing mower. Anyone have one or know someone that has one and knows something about them? This is what I am looking at: http://www.lowes.com/pd_478738-5654...urrentURL=?Ntt=swisher+trailcutter&facetInfo=

I am stuck in that price range. Haven't read any reviews saying the electric start with a slightly larger engine is more beneficial. In fact, many complaints about the battery cables and such. What I am wanting to do is eliminate my tractor and use my team. Except in a pasture my horsedrawn sickle mower only "lays down" a swath and I don't need that which kills grass underneath it. Need to "bush hog" a pasture and chop the mown grass so it rebuilds the soil. Yes I know 44" is not very wide, but if it performs as advertised, next year will purchase another and then I'll be cutting a swath! So, help please. Any and all comments appreciated. Thank you in advance. Jon

Trail mower, That a Bush HOG Johnny. We use them on the farm in Va , they would great. But you can get them are farm sale a lot cheaper.

I have a 5' bush hog, but my forecart behind my team doesn't have an engine to run a pto. Realize off of craigslist I can get them for 7-900 dollars. But talking that much for used and I don't know how much abused, I am betting my money is better spent on a new one. You do have the trail mowers in Va? You pull them with 4 wheelers to keep your food plots mowed?

John, a friend of mine has one, he uses it for deer type actives. Food plots and trails. He has had no issues that I know of, it works as it should. Don't know about using it, for what you are after, can't hurt to try.

John, a friend of mine has one, he uses it for deer type actives. Food plots and trails. He has had no issues that I know of, it works as it should. Don't know about using it, for what you are after, can't hurt to try.

Thanks Steve, my tractor depreciates with each use, my team only gets better with more uses so it can be a win win situation. And my pastures are more overgrown now because I haven't mown them at all this year, but they still aren't 3-4' tall.

Start second cutting? I have the growth in the field, just no drying days on the calendar so will let it continue to grow. Better than last year!

Jon
Google "Land Pride" equipment. I believe they're a Mennonite company in Ontario. I think they were showing the very thing you're looking for at the Moncton farm show back in the spring. Trailing type, on casters maybe, it's own engine. I think it could be offset too, which could be a plus with the team and forecart arrangement. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention because I wasn't in the market. I got a nice 7' Beuhler Farm King finish mower two years ago that just does a wonderful job clipping pastures.
Let us know how it goes :wave: