Re cut and re glue the joint, one thing you do not want on ANY cutting board is a crack or gap of ANY size, that is an opening for bad germs and sickness...
Depending on the size of the board, maybe trim it off and sell it as a trivet.
Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
"A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash
That looks like a wood drying issue, given the orientation of the grain. Let it sit for a few months. Then re-rip it and glue again.
Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.
Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?
While I agree with Carol and the others that this looks like a case of wood drying, I also wanted to mention that when I was making a lot of cutting boards, I found I preferred Titebond II over Titebond III. TBII has a longer working time. I found on some glue-ups that TBIII was starting to set up before I could get everything in the clamps. I realize TBIII is more waterproof, but unless the cutting board is stored underwater, TBII is plenty water resistant.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan
I would re rip and glue. a piece that small has probably done its moving or isn't going to move much more. have you ever thought of using epoxy on the joints instead of wood glue. Although epoxy doesn't carry an fda rating it is inert when fully cured.
just a thought.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest
it and a few others are going back to the shop for a rework or two... in this case, I do think it was wood drying, from being out in the sun... the board dried out and part of it moved, more than a little, in just a few hours. Easy fix is going to be trim it down, glue it back together and it will be good.
as for tbIII, I bought a gallon of the stuff, so until what is left( About 2/3 of a gallon) is gone, I'm sticking with it. (no pun intended). I'm no longer in a 'rush mode'... so I'll have plenty of time to get the boards glued up and clamped when I get back to making them. I'm taking a break, I have several shop projects I want to accomplish before I do many more cutting boards. The most I'm planning on doing is to glue up some blanks and set them aside after they come out of the clamps, since I have a pretty good batch's worth in strips waiting for glue.