Board down!

Re cut and re glue the joint, one thing you do not want on ANY cutting board is a crack or gap of ANY size, that is an opening for bad germs and sickness...

That looks like a wood drying issue, given the orientation of the grain. Let it sit for a few months. Then re-rip it and glue again.

While I agree with Carol and the others that this looks like a case of wood drying, I also wanted to mention that when I was making a lot of cutting boards, I found I preferred Titebond II over Titebond III. TBII has a longer working time. I found on some glue-ups that TBIII was starting to set up before I could get everything in the clamps. I realize TBIII is more waterproof, but unless the cutting board is stored underwater, TBII is plenty water resistant.

While I agree with Carol and the others that this looks like a case of wood drying, I also wanted to mention that when I was making a lot of cutting boards, I found I preferred Titebond II over Titebond III. TBII has a longer working time. I found on some glue-ups that TBIII was starting to set up before I could get everything in the clamps. I realize TBIII is more waterproof, but unless the cutting board is stored underwater, TBII is plenty water resistant.
And again what he said.:thumb::thumb::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

it and a few others are going back to the shop for a rework or two... in this case, I do think it was wood drying, from being out in the sun... the board dried out and part of it moved, more than a little, in just a few hours. Easy fix is going to be trim it down, glue it back together and it will be good.

as for tbIII, I bought a gallon of the stuff, so until what is left( About 2/3 of a gallon) is gone, I'm sticking with it. (no pun intended). I'm no longer in a 'rush mode'... so I'll have plenty of time to get the boards glued up and clamped when I get back to making them. I'm taking a break, I have several shop projects I want to accomplish before I do many more cutting boards. The most I'm planning on doing is to glue up some blanks and set them aside after they come out of the clamps, since I have a pretty good batch's worth in strips waiting for glue.