what i've been doing at the moment

I've been working on this remodel for the last couple months. Nothing really special, just a lot of work. Well i finally finished it last week. I guess i gave him to good a price, as he decided at the last min. to add a 20 x 30 screened deck.:D This is what i have gotten done in the last 4 working days. Tomorrow i'll finish the ceiling joist, and start the rafters. Sure wish i had some help, as everything i've done so far has been just me.:eek: Getting to old to be doing this stuff with out help.;) O well got to do what you got to do some times. Setting the ridge might be a pain in the butt in the am, but i'll make a dead man and keep on keeping on.;) Hope to have this finished by fri, as i've got a house to start mon.:eek:008 (800x569).jpg006 (800x392).jpg001 (800x599).jpg

What a guy! You're my hero. I'd be glad to help out, if only to get some idea of how a house gets put together.

But we're what ... 2000+ miles apart? Sigh. :(

Best of Luck! :thumb:

Looking good Steve! I'm sure it will be done soon and then you'll have another project in your portfolio!

Looking good Steve.

So is that tongue/groove decking or will there be a solid skirt around the deck as well? or screen underneath?
Darren it's just deck boards, with screen on top of the floor joist before the deck boards went on. He'll add some kind of skirting himself later,as I don't have time to do it. He's also talking about removing the siding and maybe replacing it with wood, just in the porch. Said he needs a place to hang them deer heads.:)

well steve, i would love to give you a hand but right now i am to busy which is a good thing for both of us:)
Yep busy is always a good thing for sure. Hope ya got you some help. :thumb: I'll most likely have Skyler (youngest son) give me a hand on Fri. as he don't work Fridays. Works 4 -12 hour days mon. through thurs. so he has Fridays off. Need someone to hand up that metal roofing for me.:D

Thanks all. Thought i'd add some more pics of a few things in the house and what I did today. The kitchen I just built new doors and drawers, added crown and painted white. The island is white also, but I see in the pic it looks kind of green. Took that pic about 4:30 this am and the light just didn't do right.:( The floor you can see the new part I did, it had this really old carpet there, and she wanted it gone. The mantle that was there was all beat up so took it down and just did a quick replacement. Also had to add the stone harth as the last people that lived there tour the brick up to fit a big wood stove. This is a new insert in the pic. Now getting back to the porch. As you can see what should of been all done in 3 to 4 hrs, didn't even get done when you are working by your self.:eek: O well I can only do what I can do I guess.:D002 (800x542).jpg003 (800x478).jpg004 (800x493).jpg007 (800x473).jpg010 (800x581).jpg011 (800x468).jpg014 (800x627).jpg