Wedding Gift

Tom Niemi

Staff member
Certain people need to be kept happy and this is a guy to keep happy:) My local server at my watering hole is getting married this weekend and his wife to be serves us at our favorite eating establishment so I decided to make them cutting board and a pair of matching trivets, love using curlie maple:) Accent wood is Jarrah Cody1.jpgCody2.jpgCody3.jpg

Beautiful Tom very nice to see you breaking out the good stuff and giving it away. Nice work. Of course it helps when a certain person close at hand has a nice huge sander. :)

Man I love the ripple in that Maple.

Is it just the light that the Jarrah looks redder on the trivets in the first picture? That red color makes a very nice contrast for the maple imho better even than walnut, really draws the eye.

Man I love the ripple in that Maple.

Is it just the light that the Jarrah looks redder on the trivets in the first picture? That red color makes a very nice contrast for the maple imho better even than walnut, really draws the eye.

Just the angle Ryan, all the jarrah is from the same board, jarrah starts off somewhat red but darkens like cherry does with time.

thank you all for the kind comments, they are greatly appreciated:)

must be you had someone else do the sanding this time huh:)? got some cobain i could have shared with you:)

Just sharp blades on the planer and some luck:) but I may need a little cherry, have to make a wine box for another wedding gift and want to use cherry this time, need to check my stash and will let ya know:)

Really pretty. Where do you get curly maple? I have bought some off e-bay but with shipping it really gets expensive. I need some more.

I have around 300 bf in my wood stash and have a good source, how much you looking for, maybe we can work something out, and yes, shipping across country can get expensive, sending by truck may be a better way than other means of shipping:)