Look Ma, I'm on TV!!

Jeff Bower

This morning I had to get up extra early to be on a local morning TV show "Great Day in Des Moines" They contacted me about a month ago about coming on as part of their "Great Art" segment they do each Thursday morning. You might remember I was filmed awhile back to promote a group of shows I part of this summer. Well when the tv show contacted me they asked if I had any video...so I asked the person that did the filming if she would barter making a video of me for a couple of my pieces and she jumped at the chance! I was a bit nervous when they started counting down to go live, but I don't think I stumbled with my words to bad. If you have time the link to my segment is below

>>>>CLICK HERE<<<<

Attachments

• KCWI Great Day.jpg
    KCWI Great Day.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 7
You did great! Must be a pretty good local station to devote that long of a segment to a topic. Ours would give you 30 sec. or less. I see you have that beautiful elm bowl front and center on your web page. Very nice job, only thing missing was a plug for Family Woodworking:rolleyes:.

Thanks gusy! Paul, I don't know how many people acutally watch this station...it's probably the #4 or #5 station in town when it comes to news, but pretty much all they do it promote local stuff like concerts, art/craft fairs and local attractions on the morning show. BTW, I also forgot to give a plug to my BIL's store that sells some of my stuff locally too! :doh:

Thanks again guys...I'm off to sell my wares at the farmer's market...wonder if anyone watched the show and will come and buy something? :dunno:

Well, that wen't well. Those interviews are always nerve wracking, have them all the time myself...."Well, he said 'here, hold by beer can and watch this', then there was a boom and he was gone!". ;)

Actually used to get interviewed every year by the local morning news when we did the Lenexa BBQ cook-off due to our great location, pretty bummed that we gave that spot up.

So you need to get the FLV downloader plugin for firefox so you can load that video up on your tablet to show off in your booth at shows. :thumb: