Woodworkers How To Flunk Machine Shop 101

I had to drill a hole at a 135 degree angle---Nuff said!

View attachment 77113View attachment 77114View attachment 77115

Enjoy,
JimB

I don't know what was going on with your computer(s). When I looked at the post the pics were not there, just something about attachments. When I clicked the attachment message, I got an error message just like you did.

However, when I pulled the post up to edit, the pics were there. I uploaded them again. Now they do show on the post as they did originally.

I don't know---don't ask me what happened. I am NOT a computer Guru---Glenn will attest to that.

Enjoy,
JimB

I have no idea what the "attachments" refer to. All I did was attach the photos which were there and are now back after I reloaded them.

Attachments

• 091.jpg
    091.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 087.jpg
    087.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Ya know I think you're being overly hard on yourself :thumb:

Its definitely held securely so you've taken care of job one.
Edges are all smooth.
It appears to work pretty well.

My biggest complaint would be that it takes a wrench to adjust it :D

The setup looks great. However, it's always best to start drill on a flat surface that is square to the drill bit. To prevent the drill bit from "walking" as it starts drilling the hole on an angular surface, you could stick a 2 fluted end mill, or plunge rourter bit (without a dead center), or other suitable tool, of the same or slightly smaller diameter as the drill, into the drill chuck & use it to establish the flat surface.

Last edited: