so looking for some good will...!

larry merlau

we have a member that has been here for some time, yet hasnt posted much in the past few years due to ALS and he has also made some fine pen presses some time ago for a give away here.. well me and tom were lucky enough to have had the chance to meet joe ice this spring and had a very nice chat with him and saw some of his work. he is in tough shape and is still doing some woodworking from his bed or the shop on good days. but last week, he took it to far..

Hi Guys,
I am busy with my one finger trying to get my E-Mail finished to you about my accident. It is getting better a lot quicker than I could ever have believed. When I crawled in from my shop Marilyn SCREAMED, "DO YOU NEED TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL??" Because of all of the blood and trying to make it in for help.

so here is my request, if any of you would like to send me a card for him i will forward it to him so he can get your well wishes.. thanks and i will forward his replies.

those interested in sending a card send me a pm and i will give you my address, aas for how this went down i hadnt found out the particulars till this am.. he is typing with just one finger and hadnt got that far yet.. it happened on a spindle sander, he lost two finger nails and the meat on his fingers to a pretty good degree, he was in emergency care to get repairs done. has lost use of right hand and now is gaining use of left hand enough to type and reply to me. but goes to show you that even what appears to be a safe tool can get you. will fill in more blanks as i get them. thanks for the replies.