does anyone have a rocking chair pattern

Just have him saw an inch off kitty-corner legs. Chair will rock just fine.:D:wave: No power saws involved, start the kid out the old fashioned way.

Seriously, It's a fine thing you are doing there Larry. Any time mentoring a youngster is an honorable endeavor.

How did the project work out? I've heard before that honestly any chair on rockers makes a good rocking chair. But obviously the curvature of the rocking chair would be the hardest to perfect. Another thing I've got issues with about rocking chairs is how difficult it is to put it into storage! Anybody have ideas on that?

How did the project work out? I've heard before that honestly any chair on rockers makes a good rocking chair. But obviously the curvature of the rocking chair would be the hardest to perfect. Another thing I've got issues with about rocking chairs is how difficult it is to put it into storage! Anybody have ideas on that?

when i approached him again he had changed his mind and the camp had strict policys about them leaving the camp so it didnt happen cameron..:( he was a good kid and wanted to learn.

..........Another thing I've got issues with about rocking chairs is how difficult it is to put it into storage! Anybody have ideas on that?

First, Welcome to the forum Cameron :wave:
Folding could be one way of solving storage problems. Lee Valley offers a plan that might be worth looking into, if for nothing else, just to see they way they approach it.
And Google has a slew of styles to ponder over. I'm sure a little time at the design table could offer a few ways of accomplishing the task. Again, welcome and be sure to let us know if you tackle the challenge :thumb:

Art, that is a really nice "AdirondacK" style chair/rocker, although it's a Muskoka design. I've had an urge to build a set of Adirondack chairs, but haven't (couldn't) really settle on a design that I really liked. I also was thinking of a rocker, but couldn't find something that appealed to me either. The Muskoka design you posted is one that addresses both desires and I think it really fits the bill. I've printed the template & instructions & will be reading the material with the intent on building one, maybe two. My only concern would be the weight of it. I'm thinking it might be made as a modular construction so that it can be readily taken down for ease of storage of "lighter more compact" pieces.

I've been trying to think of a different project to build, something other than another jewelry box, and this could very well do it! Thank you for posting!