Master Bedroom Closet and Storage

double sided carpet tape to position and line up. Then clamp and drill a few screws from behind. Double check the position, then drill the holes for the handles.

(not a pro, just what I've done on my shop cabinets)

Thanks Art. So any other suggestions/techniques for mounting these?

BTW...got the last coat of finish on tonight, will mount the drawer fronts and hardware, then install it this weekend.

2013-10-17 20.18.25.jpg

double sided tape is easy enough. (im with art on this)
I like Ace's brand of plastic double sided tape. It holds well.
I cut spacers, start from the bottom, check level, then press in place. take them off, screw from back.

What a bout a little hot glue? Gives you a little time to move it around into position, reversible if you need to.

What a bout a little hot glue? Gives you a little time to move it around into position, reversible if you need to.

I actually saw that suggestion earlier on the interwebs. The poster said he put masking tape on both halves, then put dabs of hot glue on the tape, and aligned the drawer front. Once the glue set, they opened the drawer, drilled and screwed the face, but then removed those screws and pealed the glue/tape so there wouldn't be anything holding the drawer/front apart.

Zoom! Zoom! I feel like I was possessed by Allen tonight with as much as I got done. :)

Drawer faces on and handles on.
2013-10-18 20.59.18.jpg 2013-10-18 21.23.58.jpg 2013-10-18 21.46.28.jpg

2013-10-18 21.48.30.jpg

Tomorrow I will get the walls sanded and hopefully get this thing sat in place. It's going to be a tight fit, so figured I'll just ding up the walls and patch them again before painting. Also I may need to do some mudding around the edges once the top is in place to fill any gaps, would rather not caulk if I can get away with it.

Looks really great Darren. I don't even see any dings in the wall, so you must have scooted it into place without too much trouble. Nice work.

Yeah, it was a snug fit, but only had one area in the top left front corner where it scraped the wall a little, can see it a little in the middle pic. Luckily it's light enough it will sand out.

Yeah, it was a snug fit, but only had one area in the top left front corner where it scraped the wall a little, can see it a little in the middle pic. Luckily it's light enough it will sand out.

Please tell me you had to scribe the stiles for a good fit! It's just not fair! Nothing in my house is plumb and square as it should be and requires much fiddling to make anything fit.

Looks great, Darren!

Please tell me you had to scribe the stiles for a good fit! It's just not fair! Nothing in my house is plumb and square as it should be and requires much fiddling to make anything fit.

Looks great, Darren!

LOL, no, nothing much is square in my house, will have to have a trim strip down each side to cover the gaps towards the bottom. I wish I had made it about an inch wider to be able to scribe but not sure how I would have done it given the space it fits into.

Anyway, got the top cut today and installed.

I cut some luan strips to approximate length, then hot glued them together for a template of the space that the top needed to fit.
2013-10-20 13.44.28.jpg 2013-10-20 13.44.36.jpg 2013-10-20 13.45.18.jpg

I transferred the outline to the sillstone remnant I purchased from the restore. Then cut the piece out using my guide clamps and a diamond blade in the skilsaw. I also cleaned up the front edge with the belt sander and took off the sharp edges.
2013-10-20 16.36.14.jpg 2013-10-20 16.34.38.jpg 2013-10-20 16.42.21.jpg 2013-10-20 16.59.38.jpg

Got all the trim installed, just need to paint the walls and touch up the trim work. Also still need to cut pieces to frame out the mirror and the trim strips for the front edge of the cabinet.
2013-10-20 17.23.00.jpg 2013-10-20 20.10.57.jpg

We did one final touch to the project, installing a can light to pendant conversion kit. Simple enough to install, just have to remove the old bulb and trim plate, screw one end of the cord to the can light's socket, adjust the height, and snug up the new trim plate.

2013-11-09 18.01.52.jpg

The glass my wife picked looks like it was brushed with an aluminum paint when unlit, but when lit up, has a nice pattern. The blue borg had a spot you could place the glass and light it up to see what patterns the glass had in them.
2013-11-09 17.17.45.jpg 2013-11-09 17.18.06.jpg