It's Friday - 7/19/2013 Edition

So I go out to my shed this morning, before the sun gets too high. I want to start figuring out why my motorcycle refused to turn over just before Burning Wood 2013.

While moving the bike a little to the right (so I can get at the alternator cover) something "feels" a little different. On a whim, I dig the key out of my pocket, turn it in the ignition switch, squeeze the clutch lever, and jab the starter button. The motor turns over and, a little reluctantly at first, the engine catches and eventually over-revs because I had left the choke all the way on.

Huh. Go figure.

Since that time I have
  • Started "weedeating" the perimeter of the back yard
  • Chauffered Puppy Polly to her first Petco training class (and dropped another bundle on toys, etc)
  • Finished "weedeating" the back yard
  • Mowed the back yard
  • Took a break with FamilyWoodworking and my favorite motorcycle forum
Now it's 94 degrees outside, and I'm debating whether to take a test ride on the bike. The registration expired last month, so I would only ride enough to make sure it will pass the safety inspection. Hmmm ... maybe I'll wait till the sun goes down. (For a couple reasons. :rolleyes:)

this past week the 'only' thing I've done is glue up two board blanks, and clean out the shop.
Today I found the top of my thinking bench (I don't do much work at it, but it catches an awful lot of clutter), ripped out my abortive attempt at solar heat for the shop (at the end of a 20 day heat wave...) and installed the window fan.

I also swept up a bunch of sawdust, sorted my short/cutoffs into kindling and shorter kindling, and am about to head out to work for the afternoon.

Got a break in the heat, so I've been spreading some mulch in the gardens. Got about two yards spread before it got too warm. Also got a lot of weeding done around the pond. No woodworking so far this weekend...maybe later this afternoon, though...