Jamie Hyneman (Mythbusters) on using a tablesaw...

Art Mulder

Hey folks,

I was just watching this interview/conversation with Jamie and Adam from Mythbusters when Jamie launches into this story about using a tablesaw to craft a sword out of aluminum...

[youtube]4YOdbBRtdGU&start=1910[/youtube]
Okay, after a huge pain, I THINK I got the embedding correct: The link should take you to the 31:50 minute mark of the video. J
Warning: there is one muttered non-family-friendly word very soon after that point)

The way he describes using the tablesaw is both hilarious and cringeworthy. It's right in the middle of their discussion about liking good tools and the like.
None of the video up until that point has anything to do with woodworking, by the way.

...art

Last edited:
And now I'm sucked into watching the video to the end. Then of course I'll have to watch the first half hour, too. Dang you, Art! :rofl:

Big fans of the show.

And yes, I've cut aluminum on the tablesaw before. :eek:

Mainly just t-track and al angle. Works fine, but really, really need to be careful and to make sure you wear eye protection.

Thanks Art without you posting that I would never have caught that Q&A. I too am a fan of the show and wish there was more like it to make it worth having a tv service.

They two great guys very down to earth and natural. What a breath of fresh air.

Oh Vaughn somehow Adam Savage has me thinking you and he are relatives or both from the same gene pool. :)

And now I'm sucked into watching the video to the end. Then of course I'll have to watch the first half hour, too. Dang you, Art! :rofl:

:thumb: You're welcome.

I almost never watch TV, so I figure that watching this is no worse than watching a couple sitcom episodes. The bonus is that there are no commercials, and you can pause it anytime you want. And you're right, Wil Wheaton is a hilarious moderator for this session.

I agree with you Art. I watch very little TV myself, so an occasional indulgence like this isn't all that bad.

I'm a fan of Wheaton based on some of his self-effacing activity and humor on other websites. He seems to be a pretty regular geek like a lot of us.