Delta 1200 Scroll Saw

Dave Black

I picked this up on craigslist a little while ago, I completely tore down the machine, painted it and built this stand for it. I would still like to reproduce the decals that came from the factory. I need to get some decal paper and find some time to do that.IMG_0904.jpgIMG_0903.jpgIMG_0902.jpgIMG_0901.jpgIMG_0900.jpg

Very nice job Dave. I have one of those too a slightly different version. Just made a mobile base for mine and put it back on the stand it came with. Have you got much wear in the moving parts. When I did mine I replaced a bunch of things including bearings and had new jaws made as well.

the insides looked brand new, no wear at all. The only thing I didn't take apart is the upper spring cartridge. Seems to work fine though.

Dave, looks great ! that is one fine old hunk of iron there!

yeah, let's not go there... the 'ooh look, acreage under roof' thing had me going as well.

And other than the test cut... NO sawdust on the floor at all!

I am blessed with a decent size basement. The support posts every7' are a bit annoying but for that much space that has free climate control I'll over look that annoyance. As far as the dust goes a broom can do wonders :)