What a cool project!

John Pollman

My brother who lives in LA (Glendale actually) works for himself and he does a lot of work in the area of building props for commercials, movies, videos, etc. He's been very busy lately building an exhibit that will be on display outside the front of the Chicago Museum of Contemporary Art. He just finished doing the install this past weekend and it debuted on Tuesday. This video is a time lapse video shot over almost a week of them doing the installation. It was built in LA and trucked to Chicago for assembly/installation. You can pause the video at any point. He's the one with the white shirt and cool light gray hat. :)

http://www.mcachicago.org/

That sphere is 13' in diameter and the head is 30' high! Quite the project to be sure. :)

Definitely looks like a fun project. :thumb:

If you get a chance, ask your brother if he was involved with building the set for the Infinity (I believe that was the car) commercial back in the '90s where they stacked a pyramid of champagne glasses on the hood of a car, and then ran the car on a stand at "highway speeds". I once met a guy over happy hour beers in Montrose (northern part of Glendale) who told me he was the carpenter who built that set (as well as many others). Can't help but wonder if it was your brother. ;)