Thread: For the Cowboys in the Crowd

For the Cowboys in the Crowd

This year I got into Cowboy Action Shooting and am loving it....
    As the big shoots are coming up I needed a gun cart to hold my ammo, shotgun and rifle.

Not a fine piece of furniture but it will do the trick for this season.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1466.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	77400

Made out of baltic birch with a little stain slapped on and then a bunch of coats of pre cat urathane to give it some protection.
    I used one of our members carts (purple one) as a template to make things go a lot quicker. She is one of Canada's best cowboy er cowgirl shooters and goes by the name of "Kanada Girl" I guess it's not the cart that makes you good at this game..

Hope everyone is getting a little shop time.

Nice job. That sure looks like a fun activity to get involved with.

Programmer - An organism that turns coffee into software.
    If all your friends are exactly like you, What an un-interesting life it must be.
    "A door is what a dog is perpetually on the wrong side of" Ogden Nash

Now....there are times when I think this forum has been sent to torment the life out of me.

first there is Brent with his pork shoulder and smoking, now you come out of the blue with Cowboy Action shooting.

Do you have any idea what you doing to me......I am a wanna be Cowboy.

I aint never heard of this before and was reasonably happy with that state, now you gone an upset the balance of life .....opening pandoras box ,,,,,,in a real good kind of way......THANK YOU GARY.

Gee I did not know we allowed this kind of thing in Canada. Will have to look into seeing if this is only in Alberta or have the eastern provinces caught on to this too.

How much more is out there to be discovered.........feel sorry very sorry for my wife. I knew it I knew it, when I did my firearms training and hunting licence there had to be a reason the guys had a lever action rifle on hand and boy I felt such and affinity towards it.

Just found this and thought I would add it in case there are other people like me coming out of the DARK.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbM_MZBSKng
    Last edited by Rob Keeble; 07-29-2013 at 12:46 AM.
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Keeble View Post
    Do you have any idea what you doing to me......I am a wanna be Cowboy.
    Sorry to pick on you Rob but too late... You need a cow and you need to be a boy for that...
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

I had just seen some carts like that on one of the wednesday night outdoor shows where they were covering cowboy shooting competitions. I was thinking I need to build something like that just for when I visit the range, sure would make lugging those case around easier. So when you have rifles on there (cased) are the barrels pointing up or down? I'm just wondering as they probably would want them pointing down at my range or straight up, pulling that cart they would be pointing towards me probably and be frowned upon.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Darrin, the rifles and shotguns are put on the cart with the barrels up.
    However the actions are open to prove they are unloaded and safe.

Now this one may have to be on my todo list for this winter....

Name:	SAS_shooters002_t440.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	77425

Last edited by Gary Zimmel; 07-30-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Looks like a very handy cart, Gary.

At the county-owned outdoor range here, they require all guns to be pointed up when being moved, even when they are in the case. I can see the "pointed up" part, but even when in the case? Really? The indoor range where I'm a member is a bit more realistic about their rules. (And to some, it'd be like the Wild West.) They also allow rapid fire (and full auto) and can handle calibers up to .50 BMG. (Don't ask me why anyone would want to shoot a .50 BMG indoors, but I've seen it done there...they'll even rent you the gun.)
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Looks like a nifty cart Gary

Never was that great of a shot myself, but some of that type of shooting is amazing. Used to be about half handy with a rope though so that's something I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    (Don't ask me why anyone would want to shoot a .50 BMG indoors, but I've seen it done there...they'll even rent you the gun.)
    Oh my bleeding ears!

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Zimmel View Post
    Now this one may have to be on my todo list for this winter....

Name:	SAS_shooters002_t440.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	77425
    Ooh nice! Plus a team of miniature horses

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn McMillan View Post
    Looks like a very handy cart, Gary.

At the county-owned outdoor range here, they require all guns to be pointed up when being moved, even when they are in the case. I can see the "pointed up" part, but even when in the case? Really? The indoor range where I'm a member is a bit more realistic about their rules. (And to some, it'd be like the Wild West.) They also allow rapid fire (and full auto) and can handle calibers up to .50 BMG. (Don't ask me why anyone would want to shoot a .50 BMG indoors, but I've seen it done there...they'll even rent you the gun.)
    One of our local indoor ranges has full-auto and .50 BMG rentals. I even saw a $99 group-on for them recently for either 4 shots with the BMG or a full hour of your choice of full auto, which included 25 rounds, can buy more rounds, but of course you have to buy the rounds from them.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

The little stage sure looks like it would be a fun project Gary. I remember seeing some horses in one of your posts that would make perfect “caddies” for your gear.
    Last edited by Eric Black; 08-01-2013 at 02:39 AM. Reason: spelling