Just a soft grip pen

Brent Dowell

Administrator
Staff member
Seeing Jims Lazer kit reminded me that I've got several of those laser kits laying around that need putting together.

So, I said to myself, 'Self, We should get out all our pen kits and stuff and see if we can still sharpen lathe tools and make shavings with that little lathe'.

Problem was, my old grinding stand with the gouge sharpening jig has gone to the great trashbin in the sky.

So I'm like, well, why do I have this grizzly tormek clone if I'm not going to use it for lathe tools? So I pulled that out and searched through all the 'stuff' that came with it to see what I could do.

I think I was able to find everything I needed to sharpen scrapers and parting tools, but I'm not real happy with sharpening gouges on it, but I played around with it for a while and was able to get things sharpened.

So Then I thought, Well, I don't want o sacrifice any of my good lazer kits to my rusty turning skills, so I pulled out a cheezy little gold plated soft grip kit and a dyed blank.

Put a little ca finish on it and called it done.

FWW-9535.jpg

Well it dont look like you have forgotten anything when it comes to sharpening or turning. :) Nice pen. Now you can amp it up a little with the good kits you talking about. :)