I going .....I think

I am planning on leaving Thursday morning at 6 AM with a group heading to Sturgas . I'll drop out in Iowa and go see Jake. He turns 22 Friday. Then maybe a quick ride to Sturgas but I'm not really planning on it.
It still all depends on what the BOSS has to say.

Thanks Vaughn
Shelly said go. So I'm taking a break from work going to go see the boy.
I need a new set of front rotors that will be replaced today. Put new tires on the bike and had the 10K check up.
The bike is ready.

I hope I'm still going. Got bit by a Brown Recluse on Sunday . Doc gave me Doxy' and wants to see my tomorrow. Apparently I caused quite a stir in the office. Last time I got bit by a brown was in 74 in the army, I. went into isolation for 2 weeks and almost lost my left arm. The pick was this morning and has grown an inch , a bit of a nasty bit.
20130730_085958.jpg

Ouch! My daughter got one last week, but not nearly that bad. Theyre hard to kill since they dont drag their body like most spiders, so spraying isnt real effective.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

Ouch is right! I had a friend get bitten by one several years ago. She's still missing a chunk of flesh on her hip.

Those give a nasty bite :eek:

My daughter got bit by a brown recluse on the upper leg while at a pool in the Boston area in the late 1970's. It took weeks to heal and she still has a indentation about the size of a quarter where she got bit.

Great news Doc say's it may not have been a recluse , the Doxy is kicking it's butt and looking good. But to be safe take the entire regiment of pills. I think I will .
So off for a ride to Iowa in the morning to visit Jake . PTL

Yeah, if it's responding to treatment this quickly, it doesn't sound like a recluse. :thumb: Good to hear...have a safe trip. :wave:

I'm in Iowa visiting Jake. heading to Sturgis in the morning. Hopefully visit asome friends on the southern route heading home later in the week.
The infection has all but gone except for some redness around the bite area. The doxycycline is doing it's job.

4167 miles. Visited my son Jacob in Iowa. Then headed for the bike rally. I stayed about 90 minutes from Sturgis on the reservation where I hunt turkeys and did about 400miles of riding the Bad Lands. Awesome ride !. I procured a ranch to hunt birds along the Cheyenne river. Got a great deal from Tom the ranch mgr. Plus lined up some turkey hunting on a large farm in Ky at my buddy Ryan place. So it was a good trip except for Jacobs transmission dieing while I was visiting him. As fait would have it, Dad payed for a rebuilt tranny.

Steve sorry I couldn't gt over your way. I was meaning to, But 12 hours in one day to my friend Ryans from Jake's was a lot.

Last edited:
Phew i cannot imagine riding that far on a bike. It would be tough enough on a car. here i thought i was doing quiet well with my longest ride at 17 years old being about 650Km on my own just after picking up my bike. :) Now i feel like a sissy. :( oops are we still aloud to use the word sissy these days. Maybe i am cyber bullying myself. :rofl: