Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Friday! - 8/2/2013 Edition

It's Friday! - 8/2/2013 Edition

Wow, it's August? Guess all those meetings yesterday over-shadowed the day.

I have to do some repair work tonight on the MIL's netbook which she dearly loves (need all the "favorite SIL" points I can get!). Planning to go do some more Jeep shopping with my wife tomorrow (and hopefully find one), then will probably be picking up supplies for the dresser project and starting it. May pickup a pork butt for the smoker on Sunday while I cut out dresser parts.

What's everyone else got going?
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Replace head gasket on my sons Toyota Camry and then get back to work on another paying job building 4 rolling tool chest for a client.

Off to Wheeling, WV for a 50th high school class reunion. Back on Tuesday.
    Jim D.
    Adapt, Improvise, Overcome!

Take Polly to her second "puppy training" class, then pull the carbs off my motorcycle for one more cleaning.

(I was able to ride to the gas station last week, but after I filled up it wouldn't start. I think the tankful of new gas flushed out additional rust, etc and blocked open the float needles in the carbs ... resulting in a permanent "flooded" condition.)

I'm not in too big of a hurry to ride in these summer temps, but if Ole Yeller is still out of commission when Autumn falls, I'll be upset with myself.
    Old avatar: First Grade, 1968-69 Current avatar: Fifth Grade, 1972-73

Working on the wiring in the Putter Palace.
    ++++++

Some say the land of milk and honey; others say the land of fruits and nuts. All together my sort of heaven.

Power is not taken. It is given. Who have you given yours to? Hmmmm?

Carol Reed

Still recovering from the crud I got while on our driving tour. The positive thing about it is the amount of time I've been spending on SketchUp! I've been working my shop layout drawing and creating components for same.

One of the men in our woodworking club bought my old Jet table saw - came and picked it up last night. That covered about 1/3 of the cost of the new saw and fence system. The next step is to get someone interested in my old router lift and router along with the over-the-blade dust collection system.

Not sure what LOML has in mind for me tomorrow.
    Bill Arnold
    Citizen of Texas residing in Georgia.
    NRA Life Member and Member of Mensa
    My Weather Underground station

Nothing firm yet, but Saturday I'm thinking of grabbing a tent and sleeping bag and heading a couple of hours north for a quick overnight camping trip. I have a hankering to watch some stars and wake up next to a stream. Haven't been camping in years, but now that I'm dogless it makes it easier to sneak away for an overnighter.

Sunday my buddies are playing a late afternoon gig at a local pub. I'll join them if they're playing outside on the patio, but if they're inside, they can't really fit a fourth person on the tiny stage.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Working Saturday but hope to spend a full day in the shop on Sunday reorganizing and cleaning.
    Faith, Hope & Charity

I must get busy sanding drawer fronts tomorrow, setting up the garage for staining after that.
    Tomorrow night I was invited to a waterfront bar, my nieces 21st birthday celebration.
    Ill be the only fuddy duddy there as I don't drink alcohol, but Ill be surrounded by 21-23 y/0s, so why not go.
    Human Test Dummy

Quote Originally Posted by allen levine View Post
    I must get busy sanding drawer fronts tomorrow, setting up the garage for staining after that.
    Tomorrow night I was invited to a waterfront bar, my nieces 21st birthday celebration.
    Ill be the only fuddy duddy there as I don't drink alcohol, but Ill be surrounded by 21-23 y/0s, so why not go.
    well i can relate to that allen i am able to be surrounded by 7 to 17 yr olds each day at one time or another,, and last Wednesday night i and a 22 yr old and a 65 yr old fellar won the trivia challenge for the night and paid for our fun with the winnings who says old farts cant HAVE FUN
    If in Doubt, Build it Stout!
    One hand washes the other!
    Don't put off today till tomorrow!