water pitcher

This is a spalted maple pitcher. It's 6 1/2 x 4 3/4. Finish is teak oil, followed by multi coats lacquer. Lacquar has been knocked back using 600 grit wet dry paper, and hand buffed. The pic of it sitting in the bowl is what it will be, when I get some spalted maple for the real bowl something that's kind of hard to find around here. That bowl is just one I have that is spalted, though it's Ash, so it woun't work when I try to sell these in Oct at a craft sale. Been trying to get enough stuff for the show.Hope I can get enough stuff done by then.:)
Thanks Steve001 (800x668).jpg002 (800x776).jpg003 (800x731).jpg004 (756x800).jpg006 (684x800).jpg009 (800x659).jpg

That is amazing Steve!! The up curl on the spout, smooth shape with good curves and that strong handle...you got mad skills bud!! Big high 5!!

Man, if you keep practicing, you might just get the hang of this turning thing after all. :rofl:

That's a very nice piece, Steve. Both the turned and the carved parts look awesome. :clap:

You might try dropping John Daugherty a line to see if he has any spalted maple. I know he gets his hands on some nice stuff from time to time. :thumb:

Magician is right. Its one heck of a turning Stephen its a real pleasure to view your work if that dont fly off the shelf then i have no idea what would. Well done. All i feel like doing is picking it up and touching it. Great pics too thanks for sharing it with us.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2