Any Deer Hunters ever have this Problem??

If it walked out of the woods and acted like that, yeah, I would be scared beyond belief! If he is a deer they raised, they better get a handle on him soon because when that velvet comes off, more than rubbing his antlers on them will be on his mind! Kid is lucky if he still has both eyes. I'm thinking pretty unusual for the deer to do that as well as a human to allow themselves to be used like that.

:eek: :doh:

It has to be a raised deer. My Grandma's neighbors are always feeding the deer and I really dislike it when I go over there. Its in a very residential area and they have zero fear of people. Being stared down by a 6 point in velvet is NOT my idea of a good time and it worries me some because she walks by them all the time.

If it walked out of the woods and acted like that, yeah, I would be scared beyond belief! If he is a deer they raised, they better get a handle on him soon because when that velvet comes off, more than rubbing his antlers on them will be on his mind! Kid is lucky if he still has both eyes. I'm thinking pretty unusual for the deer to do that as well as a human to allow themselves to be used like that.

Totally agree with what Johnathon said. That young man is only a rutting season away from potentially serious harm if he allows the buck to continue this practice. That is, if the rut doesn't keep the buck in the woods chasing does.

I'm not a deer hunter, but one of the friends we stayed with in Texas a couple of weeks ago is. They live in a neighborhood above Canyon Lake where the population of deer far exceeds humans. The houses are on on quarter- to half-acre lots, so there are plenty of people around. The deer graze unconcerned about humans. Most folks put out some kind of food for them. Our friends feed them from their hands.

Sam sent me an email with these photos along with this note:
"I went outside to look for wind damage and this guy crossed the road and headed towards me like I was his papa. A smaller buck and eight does came up looking for a bite to eat. It never happens when I am hunting."

Buck_Sam_1.jpgBuck_Sam_2.jpg

another vote for pen raised deer and its not gonna be funny come fall.. i like watching them and eating them, but they can be dangerous with more than just there antlers, the feet are just as bad..

As Larry noted, the hooves are dangerous of both bucks & does. They stand upright on their hind feet & pound away with their front feet. The hooves are relatively sharp & can beat & slash you badly. It's a spectacle to watch, but makes you realize very quickly that you don't want to mess with them.