More turnings

Well been busy with orders. Have made 14 more business card holders and 13 more seam rippers. They have been selling pretty well. The seam rippers on the right in the picture are ones I bought at Wal-Mart and are selling the fastest. I get $14.50 for them. I can make about 4 a hour. The others are a woodcraft kit and take some time to get right. The O rings that fit on the ripper part are really tight and sometimes you can't get them to seat in the handle without a whole lot of pressure. So I took some 220 grit wrapped on a dowel while on the lathe and let it spin. When I get them to a point where they will push in I stop and then use a gun cleaning cotton swap with white rouge on it to polish it. Seems to do the trick but a pain since they should work to begin with. The business card holders are the second batch and seem to be selling pretty well. Pretty easy to make and can do 3 a hour. I made another dozen pill and toothpick key chain holders. Forgot to take a picture before they left.

Attachments

• Business Card Holder 6.jpg
    Business Card Holder 6.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Seam Rippers 3.jpg
    Seam Rippers 3.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 32
Nice looking stuff. My wife does a lot of quilt making and I've tried to get her excited about a seam ripper but she is not too interested. She did want a stiletto (for sewing) though so I did one for her. Something you might think about adding to your sewing item. They sell kits for them also.

Oh Oh!! I need one of those card holders!!! What can we trade!? You shouldn't have retired...FAA may have been easier!