close, but no cigar

allen levine

I was at an arts and crafts fair last weekend. NY Lottery had a booth there, buy a lotto ticket for 20 bucks, get some free scratch offs.
Since powerball was 400 or so million, why not, I usually play when its over 250 million.
I won 16 dollars on the free scratch offs, so yesterday afternoon I purchased another 20 dollar powerball with that and a few more bucks.
Now, I don't expect to win the grand prize, but just once Id like to hit something nice.
Look at those first two games, only if that first powerball number was in that second game, would have been a nice ten thousand dollar prize. would have made my day
close, buy no cigar.
104 dollars, Im headed to the jersey shore this weekend, the money will come in handy.

Attachments

• 100_1476.jpg
    100_1476.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 23
People here at work were pooling money together yesterday...They bought $100 worth....they didn't win anything! I bought 1 ticket myself on the way home last night. Nada for me too. :(

We "drop" $20/wk on the Powerball & Mega Millions. Wife frequently wins the $2 prize. Have a long way to go to break even - most likely never will. Rooting for the $425M PB - time has come! :rofl:

My SIL won a 250 thousand lotto prize around 10 years ago with her fellow coworkers, was a nice win for all of them.(and I don't think she plays often, only with her coworkers)

I stopped buying tickets a few years ago, and for a couple of years I put the $20 I had been spending on tickets into a bank account. By Christmas I had $400 to buy presents for LOML, and that's more than I ever won in a year.

I told my wife Im taking her out to dinner tonight(really not true, since shes the one working in this house)
She was thrilled, as long as she doesn't have to cook. We went to my favorite Italian restaurant.

I stopped buying tickets a few years ago, and for a couple of years I put the $20 I had been spending on tickets into a bank account. By Christmas I had $400 to buy presents for LOML, and that's more than I ever won in a year.

Yeah Roger thats the truly sensible approach as the odds are pretty thin on winning these things......but.....many will say you cannot win if you dont have a ticket.

I certainly would not see myself being sensible if i happened to win a multi million dollar lotto ticket. In fact thats when i would loose every ounce of sense i have left that is if i had any to begin with. :rofl:

Hope you enjoyed the dinner Allen. :thumb:

Since powerball was 400 or so million, why not, I usually play when its over 250 million.

I can't blame you less than $250M just wouldn't even put the gas in that new boat. ;) I'm the same way though, just seems like a reminder to play. I need to start using one of those cards and using my own numbers. I never get a hit on the quick picks. I'll usually win my money back if I use my own numbers, but rarely think about buying them unless I'm already at the check-out line.