Might as well start the "It's Friday" thread rolling...

. . . as long as I can ship by the end of the week I'm fine.

Rennie, you've probably posted this and I may just be lazy but, remind me of your finishing protocol on the urns if you could be so kind.

Working on a drill press table that I saw in Woodsmith magazine which featured "Setting Up Your Shop".

Al, building shop fixtures is a great way to get a feel for new tools and layouts. A DP table and fence really make you DP come alive. Things I learned: t-track at wide points for the fence and an additional set at narrow points to allow your holddowns to get to small parts is a real benefit. My replaceable inserts are square BUT, if you make them round and set them a little off-center, you get a lot more use out of the insert before replacing. Wish I would've read that tip first ;-)

Caught one!

Brent, nice shot!

But did ya hear it??
C&P from one of Yahoo's news clips:
"Meteors obviously release electromagnetic radiation in the visible portion of the spectrum, but the fact that they also release very low frequency (VLF) radio waves, below 30 kilohertz, is less known and less studied.

Because these VLF radio waves travel at the speed of light (not at the speed of sound), they arrive at the same time observers see a meteor passing overhead. But in order to be heard by hundreds of people, Keay deduced, radio waves need a "transducer," or some physical object that could create a sound.

Under laboratory conditions, Keay was able to do just that: He created rustling sounds in ordinary objects by exposing them to VLF radiation. Aluminum foil, plant foliage such as pine needles, thin wires — even dry, frizzy hair — produced sounds that were easily heard. This phenomenon is known as electrophonics.

Wire-framed eyeglasses seem to be particularly sensitive to VLF radiation: "When I was out [viewing the Leonid meteor showers in 1999], I had my head back on the ground and heard a sizzling sound," one observer reported. "My head was close to grass and leaves and I wear wire-frame glasses as well. The sound was definitely simultaneous with the observation of a rather large streak."

But did ya hear it??
C&P from one of Yahoo's news clips:
"Meteors obviously release electromagnetic radiation in the visible portion of the spectrum, but the fact that they also release very low frequency (VLF) radio waves, below 30 kilohertz, is less known and less studied.

Because these VLF radio waves travel at the speed of light (not at the speed of sound), they arrive at the same time observers see a meteor passing overhead. But in order to be heard by hundreds of people, Keay deduced, radio waves need a "transducer," or some physical object that could create a sound.

Under laboratory conditions, Keay was able to do just that: He created rustling sounds in ordinary objects by exposing them to VLF radiation. Aluminum foil, plant foliage such as pine needles, thin wires — even dry, frizzy hair — produced sounds that were easily heard. This phenomenon is known as electrophonics.

Wire-framed eyeglasses seem to be particularly sensitive to VLF radiation: "When I was out [viewing the Leonid meteor showers in 1999], I had my head back on the ground and heard a sizzling sound," one observer reported. "My head was close to grass and leaves and I wear wire-frame glasses as well. The sound was definitely simultaneous with the observation of a rather large streak."

I'm afraid we were all yakking and talking and screaming too loud whenever we would see one. There were a couple of big ones, but I didn't catch those.

It wasn't even the peak. I'm going to try and get out there again tonight, maybe tomorrow night to see if I can get some more. Might even setup the hammock...

FLooks like you caught two! I hope to spend some time out watching for Leonids. The skies here are awful, and I was hoping to get away to a dark site, but it didn't work out.

There were some clouds last night. Should be even better tonight and tomorrow.:thumb:

Hammock, Check :thumb:
Lounge chair moving up as we speak (only cuz I threatened to take the hammock for myself) :rofl:

Now if we can only stay up till past midnight :zzz:

Was testing out the hammock, and all of a sudden Bucky jumped up on it and and joined me in it. Stress test passed! :thumb:

Perseids, dammit! I meant Perseids. My great-niece and I spent an hour in our reclining chairs watching for them, saw satellites but no meteors.

Wnt to two ball games, and had a good time with my daughters, and scored a new blue jays hat and a Carlos Delgado team T-shirt, as well as a Colby Rasmus T for my daughter, and my wife didn't even notice the new gear when i got home, so my knees are still unbroken.

"Al, building shop fixtures is a great way to get a feel for new tools and layouts. A DP table and fence really make you DP come alive. Things I learned: t-track at wide points for the fence and an additional set at narrow points to allow your holddowns to get to small parts is a real benefit. My replaceable inserts are square BUT, if you make them round and set them a little off-center, you get a lot more use out of the insert before replacing. Wish I would've read that tip first ;-) "

Glenn, please check your PM & email.