Saw Stop Overarm Storage

glenn bradley

I have been using this method for many months and it seems to work well so, I thought I would share. When using the overarm guard, the saw looks like so:

SawStop-Overarm Storage (1).jpg

Although Saw Stop has made swapping the guard for the riving knife and act of simplicity, where do you put the arm when it is not in use? I stick mine on this cleat fixture which I can reach from the saw's operator position:

SawStop-Overarm Storage (2).jpg . SawStop-Overarm Storage (3).jpg

But, that leaves the overarm tube open. I used to use a little mini Nerf football to stuff into this hole but, had one of those ah-ha moments. I took a rattle-can top that happened to be sized so that the inner cylinder fit inside the SS overarm tube. I slipped an O-ring over this inner portion and stuck a magnet to the inside of the outer wall.

SawStop-Overarm Storage (4).jpg . SawStop-Overarm Storage (5).jpg

Now when the overarm is stored, the cap fits on the tube making a reasonably airtight seal. When not in use the magnet in the cap keeps it stuck to the frame or tube nearby and below the table surface height.

SawStop-Overarm Storage (6).jpg . SawStop-Overarm Storage (7).jpg . SawStop-Overarm Storage (8).jpg

Stupid-simple but, it has yet to give me any grief when swapping back and forth from over arm to cross cutting or sled use.

Last edited: