Just wanted to post a hello.

Always had an interest in woodworking, but never the time to get into it. My mom just remarried and when they moved to a new house, the poor guy gave up his shop. I told him I didn't want to see it all go to a garage sale, so I ended up with a slew of tools. I travel so much I don't know what I will do with it all, but the house will have a garage full if tools! None are the fancy brands, but I now have a radial arm saw, full size lathe, bandsaw, scroll saw, router and table, drill press, and something homemade that he says "makes the fancy cabinet doors".

Welcome to the Family Justin! :wave:

You may not have much time now, but life changes, and I hope that at some time in the future you will be able to enjoy yourself with some do it yourself time.

Cheers!

I figure it will be good to have something around the house to be proud of. Right now, I really couldn't care less about the place. I'm much happier in the 5th wheel, and out on the road. This will give me something to play with when I get back to the mortgage payment.

I think I'm going to be back there for 2 days next week, so I'll try to get the stuff over there and out of his basement. I know most of it is on stands already, so I will be working on getting things on casters while I play with where I want everything situated-and let her move things out of the way while I'm gone.

I started out just saying "all I want is a table saw." It seems whenever I have a project, that's all I really need to make it go a lot easier. Still no table saw ) = At first I didn't have a clue what I'd be able to even do with all the tools, but then a few hours at the cigar lounge had me spotting a lot of things I would be able to make.

Glad you are here Justin, hope we can share your experiences with the new to you tools. Sharon said start organized, you'll stay organized, ha woman talk! I started organized but staying there is an impossible matter for me. I know because I have to keep "re-organizing"!

Glad you are here Justin, hope we can share your experiences with the new to you tools. Sharon said start organized, you'll stay organized, ha woman talk! I started organized but staying there is an impossible matter for me. I know because I have to keep "re-organizing"!
Sharon just might have a point-I will get it setup the way I want, make a mess-then run out of town. My better half can't stand to let a mess lie around, so I'm sure she will clean/re-org while I'm out-if I'm to learn from past experiences.

Where do you all suggest I look for project ideas? I really don't have a need for any of this at the moment, I just didn't want to see him give it all away at a garage sale, at least this way it stays 'in the family' and he will always have access to all the tools, if he still needs them.

You are in a situation that is kind'a like the movie, "Build it and they will come." You have tools. Believe me the projects will come.

Enjoy,
JimB

I'm sure of that. I will probably spend most of the time building up stuff for the garage/shop itself. We are hoping to go pick it all up this Saturday when I fly back to KC. At least I will have 3 days in town before I head out again... Might even turn on a saw or two!