Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Friday Thread: What's Going On This Weekend?

The Friday Thread: What's Going On This Weekend?

No real plans for me this weekend...haven't decided between a few things I need to do and a few things I want to do. Might go up to the mountains for yet another quick overnighter, or I might stay home to clean up my neglected apartment and learn a few new songs the band wants to add to the repertoire. The big project for this evening will be fabricating a shipping box for a guitar body that's headed back east for a paint job.

So...what's on your plate for the weekend?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

somewhere east of Queen Creek, AZ - South East of Phoenix
    playing grandpa tonight and tomorrow. Birthday party for grand daughter tonight and grandpa is making balloon animals. Pizza on the menu so grandpa doesn't have to cook.
    "There’s a lot of work being done today that doesn’t have any soul in it. The technique may be the utmost perfection, yet it is lifeless. It doesn’t have a soul. I hope my furniture has a soul to it." - Sam Maloof
    The Pessimist complains about the wind; The Optimist expects it to change;The Realist adjusts the sails.~ William Arthur Ward

entertaining a few guests on sunday. other than that, nothing that exciting. food shopping, cleaning, maybe wash a car, normal stuff.
    Human Test Dummy

Supposed to be sunny and 80's this weekend, so going topless again. Thinking about heading over to Powell Gardens to check it out, never been there and they have a Lego exhibit right now (http://www.powellgardens.org/NatureC...s#.Ug555JKPNl0). Also planning to work on the dresser project.
    Darren

To a small child, the perfect granddad is unafraid of big dogs and fierce storms but absolutely terrified of the word “boo.” – Robert Brault

Quote Originally Posted by Darren Wright View Post
    Supposed to be sunny and 80's this weekend, so going topless again. .
    my daughters college roommate flew in this week to hang out a bit with my daughter and they decided to drive down to Atlantic city for a night.
    I offered my convertible to my daughter and they were thrilled.
    Perfect weather for the top down.
    Human Test Dummy

Well, this is an unusual weekend for me. I'm headed to an Antique Tractor and Farm Equipment show in a town about 80 miles away. it is a pretty big event and three of us street organ people have a setup to show off and play our organs. Should be a fun time. If the organs are a bust, it will still be fun, one of the events is a tractor pull. The men/women drive the big rigs with the big sled to pull and the little ones have a contest using riding lawn mowers to pull a smaller sled. I'm anxious to see how "souped up" some of these little mowers get.
    "We the People ......"

Supposed to be pretty hot this weekend. My goal is to have the final coats of finish on the current piece by EOD Sunday.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Douglass View Post
    ...If the organs are a bust...
    Yeah, right. Like THAT will ever happen.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Wedding . Nephew getting married tomorrow evening on the beach down on the Chesapeake. Staying the night for the party.
    I dream a lot. I do more painting when I'm not painting. It's in the subconscious.
    ::: Andrew Wyeth :::
    colonialrestorationstudio.com

Heading over to my SIL's tonight for food and drink. My BIL and nephew are out of town on a "guys" weekend so the wife, kid and I are gonna keep her company. Tomorrow I should have most of the day to myself so I will be in the shop...yeah right, I'll be on a ladder and on the stairs painting walls and trim all day. I've put it off for over a month, but we have guest here next weekend so it must get done this weekend. My legs are gonna hurt come Sunday morning and probably Monday too...
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website