The Friday Thread: What's Going On This Weekend?

must be something wrong with me, Im not cleaning up my shop in anticipation of visitors from FWW.

Im not cooking anything special, that's what restaurants are for.

I will shower and shave, whether I need to or not.

Well we ended up hooking up the travel trailer and heading down to Niagara Falls. We in a park on the bank of a river not far from falls and Marineland. We had visitors from Michigan stop over last night and a certain grey beard and i polished off a keg and a couple of sam adams with some homemade Mi meatsticks... and had some Dinners Drive Inns and Dives ....version of Potatoe Crusted Salmon cooked on my hotplate on charcoal fire. Yum yum yum.
This is the only pic i have right now....others are oncamera.
Then this morn we introduced a pair of Michiganders to our version of holiday coffee and "oumas rusks" followed by full cooked breakfast of taters bacon egg and orange juice and toast. Then was time for homemade raspberry jam from Mi on toast with tea.
After all that we needed some excercise so we took in the Niagara Falls and then waved the visitors goodbye as they lined up for what looked like a many hour wait to cross the border. We were going to go across too to ask some queztions of the border boys for future purposes re our trailer crossing into US with food on board. But after we saw the lineup we bailed.
So this couple are headed your way Allen.
rusete8y.jpg

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Kinda late to the party this week!

I actually had a full day in my shop Saturday. I'm getting closer to wrapping up the updates to my table saw and its surround tables. If everything falls into place on Monday, I'll finish sanding the tables, then apply white Formica to the surfaces.

Today - Sunday - will be a lazy day for the most part. I started by preparing a bit of brunch for us and started a pot roast to have later in the day.