Going through some photos I came across this one. I don't think I've posted this pic before...my apologies if I have.
This is a piece of mystery burl out of someone's firewood pile. I had rough turned it before I moved to Albuquerque, then finished it up last summer when I was back in LA. Dyed with red, orange, and yellow TransTint, finished with rattle can lacquer, wet-sanded, buffed, and waxed. The colors aren't quite as bright as the photo would indicate, but it's still pretty bright. It's about 3 1/2" to 4" tall and about 7" wide. [Edited because I got a chance to measure it.]
C&C are welcome as always.