Thread: Finally an Update on the planer

Don Taylor is offline Former Member (by the member's request)

Finally an Update on the planer

Most of you know that when my planer arrived most of the teeth in the helix head were broken.

http://familywoodworking.org/forums/...ght=Don+Taylor

They tried to send a guy out to fix it but when this man called "Me" to ask questions about the machine because he had never worked on one before, I didn't want him to touch it.
    To make a long story short, I finally told them to come and get it. They picked up the bad unit yesterday and delivered the new unit today (Re-Routed from some poor soul that it was headed too). As far as I can tell, it's in tip top shape. It all took a month with some pretty strange happenings but in the end I am happy.
    I promised I would tell you who my seller was. It was Joe at Osolnik Machinery & Supplies. He smoothed out all the lumps for me and made this as painless as possible.

He even had them send me a nice dial indicator and some extra teeth for the helix for my trouble.

http://www.dontee.sistmllc.com/209hh/

More pictures to come as I get it put together and covered with sawdust.

DT
    Last edited by Don Taylor; 09-06-2007 at 12:53 AM.

I am glad that it finally worked out OK for you Don. Let's hope that they don't send the unit that they picked up from you on to some other customer.
    Cheers, Frank

Steve Clardy Guest
    Glad you finally got that headache resolved

Wow Don, I missed your first post what a bizarre story. Im glad things finally got worked out for you. I bet youre going to love that planer!
    "I am enclosing two tickets to the first night of my new play; bring a
    friend...if you have one."
    --George Bernard Shaw to Winston Churchill

"Cannot possibly attend first night, will attend second..if there is
    one."
    --Winston Churchill, in response

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Pellow View Post
    I am glad that it finally worked out OK for you Don. Let's hope that they don't send the unit that they picked up from you on to some other customer.
    I would hope they have the brains to fix it Frank.

DT

That's Great News, Don. That first one looked like it must have been in a "Truck Wreck" to get the damage it had, but if I remember correctly, the crate wasn't damaged, so either something had to get loose inside the crate, OR somebody goofed up and tried to cover their mistake and shipped it on out hoping to blame it on the Freight Hauler. (wouldn't be the first time for that either).

I know you're really going to enjoy that machine, and make some beautiful projects with it. Sometimes it does take some time for everyone to get problems like that worked out, but I'm glad that both your Supplier and Powermatic responded in a positive manner to make it right.

The delay had to be frustrating. But, in the end, it sounds like you were dealing with honest folks and got a good machine. First time you use it, you will forget the bumps in the road.

Great it worked out, but man, can you imagine if you were running a business and NEEDED that machine

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Fusco View Post
    The delay had to be frustrating. But, in the end, it sounds like you were dealing with honest folks and got a good machine. First time you use it, you will forget the bumps in the road.
    That's the way I feel Frank. I have had two other deliveries from the same supplier and Powermatic. Both were in sturdy crates and got here rather quickly (For their size) and totally undamaged. The crating they use is outstanding.
    It took a total of four months. However, I bought a machine that was a "New" item. They had just started selling the planer with the helix head installed.
    I do get upset when someone sells something that they don't have and then go on backorder.
    To the seller's credit, when I went back to the web page he had listed the approximate shipping dates and explained the problems. I do feel like I have been working with professionals. This replacement machine could have taken a long while.
    As far as the machine damage. I totally agree. The damage was done before it went into the crate.

DT