Cherry Plywood USA price

The last 3/4" sheet I bought had the 1/8" of mdf core on each side below the cherry veneer, good veneer on each side, I think it was $130 for the sheet. I just bought a grade A piece of 1/4" with mdf core for $90. I need to check with my old hardwood supplier, probably could have gotten those for much cheaper through him, but he's about 100 miles each way and would have to buy much more to make up the cost in gas to go get it all.

My supplier stocks Columbia Forest products plywood. The B2 veneer core cherry is $84, the A1 veneer core is $114. Both prices are for the 3/4" thick sheets.

Thanks guys good to have a benchmark, did not realize the stuff was so expensive but i guess finding cherry trees that have sufficient girth and quality to make veneer for ply must be a challenge in its own right.

Thanks guys good to have a benchmark, did not realize the stuff was so expensive but i guess finding cherry trees that have sufficient girth and quality to make veneer for ply must be a challenge in its own right.

Its not just cherry :). Other hardwood veneer plywood of a quality one would use outside of the construction industry run around the same in my parts. Walnut, cherry, maple, even knotty pine veneered substrates are all in the $100+ range.